RFC is underway with its search for the next Executive Director (ED).
We believe candidates for consideration are present among us: our members, our partner organizations, our networks, and our personal contacts.
As you read through this announcement YOU may feel yourself drawn to this role. If so, we invite you to apply. Additionally, individuals may come to mind within your congregation, networks and /or personal contacts whom you believe would be a great fit for RFC as its next Executive Director. If so, we ask that you join in our search by sharing this email announcement and personally inviting the individual(s) to consider applying. We would be very grateful.
Learn more about RFC and the Executive Director Position
This is Us…
The Religious Formation Conference (RFC) is an animating resource for initial and ongoing formation in religious life on a local, national, and global level for both women’s and men’s congregations (click here to learn more). RFC boldly creates spaces for discernment that shape and inform formation now and into the future. RFC courageously engages in this journey to contemplate and discern the emerging horizon of religious life. Staying true to its mission and vision, in collaboration with congregations and organizations that serve religious life, RFC programs and processes are inter-generational, multicultural, and inter-congregational, reflecting an awareness, sensitivity and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Standing on the thriving edge of evolving religious life, RFC influences and leads the transformation of religious life and thus participates in the mission of the Church with its ever-changing face.
Is this YOU…
RFC is seeking its next Executive Director to lead the National Office. The National Office is located two blocks from beautiful Lake Michigan, in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. This area, in the vibrant and diverse city of Chicago, is home to numerous Catholic women’s and men’s religious congregations, several theological schools and other institutions of higher learning, including Catholic Theological Union and the University of Chicago.
We are in search of an individual who is:
- Mission focused and able to build on 65+ years of shaping initial and lifelong formation for women and men religious.
- Able to keep RFC’s mission at the forefront of religious life of the future and to bring that vision to reality for a vibrant and healthy future of the RFC.
- Sensitive and responsive to the need to expand the RFC mission to be more diverse, equitable and inclusive in every aspect of the Conference.
- Aware of trends, transformation and the emerging horizon of religious life on local, national and global levels.
- Eager to participate in discerning the call of the future of religious life.
- Connected and active in identifying local and national funding sources.
- Fiscally and ecologically responsible on behalf of the organization.
- Capable of working collaboratively internally in the Conference with a diverse staff and Board and externally with organizations that serve religious life.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-reflective; maintains work/life balance; and leads by these examples.
- An effective communicator who understands that to listen is the action and to discern is the process by which the actions from listening are considered, prioritized and set in motion.
RFC Executive Director Leadership Attributes
Before reading further, please take 5 minutes to reflect on the word cloud below of Executive Director leadership attributes formulated by the Board of Directors through a listening and collaborative process.
We are in search of an individual who is:
- Drawn to the leadership attributes of this role because your leadership experiences demonstrate that you naturally lean into them in how you approach all aspects of a role – administration, teambuilding, operations, program management, financials, fundraising and grant seeking.
- Wired to lead and manage, guided both internally and externally by these attributes for an organization.
- Often sought after for a role like RFC Executive Director because these attributes are demonstrated time after time in various leadership roles
Now that you have read through This is Us…Is this YOU, should you choose to apply, please click on the online application form below.
If this is not you, know that we consider you as an essential part of our extended search team. Please consider individuals in your network and pass this information along to those you believe to be a strong fit as the next leader for RFC.
To apply or learn more
Our intention is to fill this position by early fall of 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but priority will be given to those received by Monday, August 15th.
To be considered, using the online application form above, please submit:
- A cover letter that gives us a view into your life’s work in ministry. A view that conveys that you are a strong fit to be RFC’s next leader. A view that tells us your story, why you are drawn to the role specific to the leadership attributes. Please give particular attention to sharing examples from your various ministry roles that highlight the RFC ED key leadership attributes “in action.”
- CV or Resume
An Executive Director Search Committee has been established and is comprised of the RFC Board Executive Committee and Board Members. The Search Committee has partnered with Search Consultant, Therese Malm, of TMCG Inc. Questions about the Conference, the Executive Director position, and/or the search process can be directed to us by email at email@example.com.